Monday 16 February 2009

News

I've suddenly realised that I've forgotten to tell you all of a big development happening here in my small corner of Oxford!

I've been quite reticent about talking about my personal life - work in particular, mainly because I don't really like my job. The people are great, but it's just not fulfilling. That's why I'm really happy to say that I have a new job at Somerville college in Oxford, and I start on 9th March.

The job title is Assistant Academic Administrator, and in a nutshell I am the first port of call for all students with academic questions. The job description is huge - four pages - so there's no chance that I will find myself under employed.

Anyway, think of me on 4th March, which is my last day at Brookes (and coincidentally my birthday), and spare a thought for a girl quaking in her boots as she enters the hallowed grounds of Somerville (one of the few colleges where you CAN walk on the grass!)

5 comments:

Peta said...

Congratulations! I am sure that time will fly by and before you know it you will be strolling on the grass and administrating away.

dovegreyreader said...

Congratulations Becca, that sounds like a lovely place to be working, inspiring.

GlassCurls said...

Thank you both :-) I shall report back once I've settled in.

Cornflower said...

Congratulations and good luck from me, too.

Elaine said...

many congrats nothing worse than being stuck in a job you dislike (which I am at the moment but finish in a couple of weeks-hooray)