Thursday 24 July 2014

Rome and Sorrento

The WiFi in this hotel is incredibly sporadic, and I'm currently sitting in a very plush lobby writing this, so it will be short and sweet.

I don't have much of note to say about Rome that wouldn't end up being a rant about the place, although on the positive side, I do love the Protestant cemetery (Keats's grave is like a little oasis of peace) and I ate very well indeed whilst I was there. However, Rome is not the place for me, and in a place so filled with things to worship, I sort of feel like it's got no soul.

So - I was hoping I'd have a plethora of pictures to share with you, as my mother has arrived in Sorrento, and brought with her my SD card reader ..... but it doesn't get picked up by the tablet, so you're all going to have to wait until the end of August to see proper pictures, and then there will be so many of them, you won't know what to do with yourselves and will feel like there is a superfluity of images ..... which is kind of how I feel after a few days of wandering around soaking things in!!!!

I've taken a few snaps on the tablet of my hotel, so here you are - these will have to see you through! Tomorrow it's my Mother's birthday and we're off to the Opera in Naples, courtesy of my father.






 

No comments: