Sunday 1 June 2008

My first meme

I have been tagged by stuckinabook - so here we go!

1. Who’s your all-time favourite author, and why?
Oh dear - Jane Austen is my earliest love, but I think she is in a tie with Henry James, Sebastian Faulks and Evelyn Waugh. They all make comments on the social scene - but in such different ways!

2. Who was your first favourite author, and why? Do you still consider him or her among your favourites?
Oh, I used to adore Enid Blyton. It's because of her I went to boarding school. I couldn't possibly read her now!

3. Who’s the most recent addition to your list of favourite authors, and why?
I went to a literary event in March on 'Daphne' by Justine Picardie, read it, loved it, searched out all her other works and think she's a very talented and honest writer. Daphne du Maurier is also fast becoming someone whose work I love.

4. If someone asked you who your favourite authors were right now, which authors would first pop out of your mouth? Are there any you’d add on a moment of further reflection?
Right now? How long have you got? Ok - Jane Austen, Daphne du Maurier, Justine Picardie, L.M. Alcott, Colm Toibin, Ian McEwan, Sebastian Faulks. I could go one, but this list would go on all night, and I have to unstack the dishwasher and go to bed!

I tag the following people to do this too, but join in if you want, even if I haven't tagged you!
Dovegreyreader
The Bookling
Geranium Cat's Bookshelf
Juliet

I don't want to go to bed - the magic of the weekend will really have finished by tomorrow morning!

4 comments:

StuckInABook said...

Thanks for doing this! Nice to see Jane and Enid and Daphne...

GlassCurls said...

Well you can't keep a good meme down! And I'm still in a Port Eliot whirl, so had to do something!
Has my letter arrived, or did I manage to lose it between my house and the post box?

Peta said...

Thanks for the tag - not sure that I am fully happy with my answers but then I do have a tendency to over-analyse these things!

Bex said...

Great Answers! I tried to do this too!