Friday 31 October 2008

Chasing my tail

You know when dogs get really excited and they start chasing their tails in some vain hope that they might catch it? I sorta feel like a blogging equivalent of that.

Let me explain.

I have four books on the go at the moment, all of which require reading and a couple of which have actual relevance to what is going on in the world.

I'm getting really into 'Becoming Queen', but I feel like I should be putting it aside to read 'Testament of Youth' because it's the best write up of WW1, and with the 90th anniversary of the end of that terrible war upon us, it's an important read. However, Barack Obama with his 'Dreams from my Father' is very insistent on being picked up, because Tuesday might just be the day he comes to power, and if he doesn't, people are going to have to restrain me come January so I don't fly off and try my hand at assassination. But on top of all of these, Edith Wharton's ghost stories are jumping up and down in front of my eyes, declaring that I only have 34 minutes before Halloween finishes and I have to do something spookier than watch Daniel Craig kill lots of people ... what to do?

Well, here's a nice picture of an Autumn tree. I'm going back to chasing my tail!

2 comments:

Mrs of the Regiment said...

I understand your dilemma. Will be interested in hearing what you think of 'Testament of Youth" as I picked up a copy at a book sale last weekend.

GlassCurls said...

I'm looking forward to reading it.