Wednesday 14 May 2008

Once more into the breach!


Hello everyone!

Even though I am probably talking to no one, I thought I should start by being friendly. I decided that I needed a new blog for purposes as yet unknown (although I suspect books and general writing will come into the mix quite a bit.)

I was led here by Justine Picardie's blog, who I admire muchly and I hope to post frequently. I do have another blog, however, which is over on livejournal ... just follow the link, I would be happy to see you there! http://mistressdickens.livejournal.com/

As you might guess from the name, I come from Oxford, where I live now, and I have a deep, and sometimes scary, passion for the printed word. This is me:



I look forward to talking to you all very soon!



10 comments:

StuckInABook said...

Hello!
I'd love you to link to my blog :-) I'll send people in your direction...

What a nice picture. Where is it taken?

GlassCurls said...

Great :-) Thank you!

The picture was taken at my cousin's wedding, this time last year. It feels a lot longer than that though!

Juliet said...

Hi - just found you via stuckinabook. Good luck with the blog and your deep and scary passion, which a lot of us share!

Anonymous said...

Hello! I also came here via Stuck in a Book. I am another Oxford-dwelling blogger, and would love to link to you from my blog too.

Happy blogging!

GlassCurls said...

Hi Juliet - thank you! I'll try not to be too scary, but as I'm amongst fellow adicts I'm sure I'll be ok!

Hi Kirsty - thanks, please feel free to link to me (you can link to both my blogs if you like, they both talk about books, although I think the other one is a bit mad!) Looking forward to reading you blog

Juxtabook said...

Hello - good luck with your blog. Hope you enjoy it. The book blogosphere seems a very friendly place, so I sure you will get lots of support.

GlassCurls said...

Hello, thanks - everyone seems to be very welcoming already. Looking forward to reading your blog when I'm not at work and taking the odd stolen moment to respond to comments!!!

Lisa said...

I found your blog via Simon at Stuck in a Book. Good luck and have fun with your blog. I've 'met' so many wonderful book lovers through my blog and, it is nice to know that there are so many other bibliophiles out there.

GQ said...

A somewhat modest opening for a truly erudite bibliophile! Roxburghe Club membership is in order methinks!

GlassCurls said...

Gemma, if I go bankrupt because of my book buying, I'm holding you responsible for putting such an idea in my head ;-)