Wednesday 24 September 2008

End of Austen


After tonight's final episode I have come to the conclusion that I don't think I'll ever be able to read Pride and Prejudice again.
Of course it was all fairly silly, and evidently the writers had tremendous fun messing with the story line, but I have to say that I adored Alex Kingston and Hugh Bonneville as Mr and Mrs Bennett, and think tv Baftas are in order for at least some part of this creation.

Best line of the series? That honour goes to Mr Bingley 'Damn you Darcy, and damn any man that doesn't stay up all night with a candle in his window damning you' ... special mention for his loved up words in this episode: (and I paraphrase) 'We'll go to America, have 25 children and name them all Amanda. Even the boys.'

Fantastic fun. Why don't I have a door in my bathroom?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved this and already have pre-ordered the DVD. And the Colin Firth moment - WOW

GlassCurls said...

I may well have to buy two copies - one of my friends missed it, and I know she would love it!

Yes, the CF moment was indeed one to treasure and flutter over - like Amanda, I had a 'bit of a postmodern moment'!

StuckInABook said...

I will have to have this DVD for my birthday.... it's such a wonderful wonderful programme. That was also my favourite line - second was "I wouldn't let you redress my deficit if you were the last man on earth."
Simon