Tuesday 23 September 2008

Hither and Thither

If my posts seem a bit sporadic and lacking real substance, it is because I have a lot on my mind - here's a brief overview.

- I am searching for a new job, because the one I have at the moment is driving me crazy.

- I am completely stuck as to what to read next. It's September, therefore I feel I should be getting lost in large classics, although all I seem to be reading is Agatha Christie.

- Although I do have lots to talk about, everyone else seems to be saying it so much more eloquently!

However, next week I have taken the week off, and apart from making a pilgrimage to Abingdon to visit 'Mostly Books', all I intend to do is sit and read and write my novel. If only someone would pay me to do this ....

4 comments:

Jodie Robson said...

I hope you have a really good week off! I've got part of next week off for parent-visiting and plan to do as much reading as I can - difficult as I have to fly down to Devon with only hand luggage and my stepfather wants me to return a large hardback! Some creative planning coming up (oh, and no laptop, which is sad because it has several books on it).

GlassCurls said...

Thanks! I've just heard I have an interview on the friday of the week, so with any luck I could have a new job, which would please me no end.

Have fun in Devon, if the weather is nice you could read outside!

Anonymous said...

Try Kokoro by Natsume Soseki for your next book.

Dark Puss (the cat with no TBR pile)

GlassCurls said...

I'll add it to the Amazon wish list ... which is growing longer by the minute, and I'm going to have to look in to replacing my bed with a horizontal bookcase with a matress on top ...