Wednesday 19 November 2008

Romantic gestures

I'm in a mood to be swept off my feet. Trouble is there seems to be a dearth of men willing to complete this task, and therefore I have to turn to fiction.

But who do I choose to romance me? I mean of all the wonderfully written heroes; if they were all lined up in front of me - well I don't think I could decide!

So it's time for celebrity character death match!

Would Darcy manage to outshine Captain Wentworth?
Who of the Middlemarch crowd of men manage to woo me?
Would Heathcliffe romance me, or would he just be hopelessly mean?

There's tonnes of fantastic men waiting to leap out of a book and into my arms! Who would you most like for your other half?

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I don't even have to think about this one. Peter Wimsey has been my choice since I was about 12 years old, and he is still. Oh, placet!

Teresa said...

Wouldn't you know it--Jenny stole my first choice. (Of course, Jenny also introduced us back when we were in college, so I guess she has dibs.)

Then there's Edward Rochester. He's just terrible in so many ways, but I can't help myself. He can sweep me off my feet every time.

GlassCurls said...

So there seems to be a preference for the upper class ...

Teresa - I don't think anyone could help themselves when it comes to Edward Rochester!

J.L. Danger said...

I agree- Rochester!