Tuesday 29 July 2008

Booker 2008

It's foolish I know, but I have been swept up by Booker fever, and have rashly decided to read the entire Booker longlist before mid September.

The fact that I have not got most of the books that are likely to be on the list does not worry me in the slightest - although I can picture my bank manager having a small breakdown in a corner of his office at the thought of me let loose on Amazon.

There is, however, one small point I feel obliged to make. If Salman Rushdie comes anywhere near the long list, that's one I won't be buying. I cannot see what the fuss is about!

Still, anyone like to make a prediction? I can only say that I'm completely biased in Daphne's favour, but judging from what I've seen on others blogs, it probably won't make the list.

No comments: