Thursday 24 July 2008

The Jewel in the literary festival crown

I adore Dartington, with it's beautiful grounds, halls with high ceilings and fantastic vistas. A literary festival is about the books one goes to hear about, but to have places to retire to and mull over what has been heard is also an essential part of the experience.

Here are some of the many pictures that I took in this magical place.






















Also, here is a picture that should surprise no one: The books that I bought:

It's lacking a few though - the wonderful Waterstones staff very kindly agreed to post four that I wanted signed but couldn't be at the events myself .... Claire Tomalin, Helen Rappaport and Katharine Whitehorn will all join the collection soon!

2 comments:

StuckInABook said...

Beautiful pictures!
And I spy Katherine Mansfield biography...

GlassCurls said...

That you do! I was gonna buy the new version, but then found one in second hand, and saved a few pounds!