Saturday 24 May 2008

Bank Holiday reading


So, it's bank holiday weekend, and I intend to go find some nice coffee shop and read until my eyes fall out - or I need to sleep!

This is my intended list.

- 'Lolita' - Nabokov
- 'Mary Anne' - Daphne du Maurier
- 'The Great American Mousical' - Julie Andrews
- 'The Progress of Julius' - Daphne du Maurier
- 'I am Madame X' - Gioia Diliberto

In amongst all this reading, I shall write some of my novel - although I can see myself becoming too absorbed with Du Maurier. Ah well - that wont be too painful!

4 comments:

StuckInABook said...

Gah! Wish I had a bank holiday... sadly someone decided the libraries need to be open... :-(

GlassCurls said...

Really? You poor thing! Still, it's raining, so you wouldn't have done much!

Anonymous said...

What did you think of Lolita? I think it is beautiful? Lots of Lolita news here in Oz, with art exhibition closed down of naked, but 'tastefully', nude children, so lots of Lolita news in press.

GlassCurls said...

I really like the way it's written - enough detail to make you feel a little ill, but not enough to make you want to put the book down entirely.