Wednesday 14 May 2008

Talk on Daphne

This week has been a particularly interesting one for me. Having found Justine Picardie's blog, and reading about the du Maurier festival, and other bloggers thoughts on both, I have found a world that focuses on the subject I love so much and where the people in it give serious thought to what they read, and write sober and thought provoking posts.

Tomorrow I am going to carry on my 'Daphne' fest by going to listen to Justine Picardie in conversation with Kathryn Sutherland at St Anne's. It's going to focus on the relations of fiction to biography, something which has been much on my mind since reading Justine's novel, and was also a big part of my thinking whilst completing my masters in Life Writing at UEA last year.

Anyway, I'm very excited, and will report more fully tomorrow!

No comments: