Sunday 28 September 2008

Thrills and Chills


I read The Woman in Black recently and was glad I read it during the day, as I was considerably chilled by the plot. However, that was nothing compared to the way I felt Friday night when I saw the stage play.

Yes, I had been warned that it would frighten the life out of me, but I didn't pay that much attention, especially at the beginning, which seemed to stop and start a great deal. I wasn't sure if it would work with just two actors ...

My doubts on that score were firmly laid to rest however, when the scream came. I hope never to hear such a scream like that as long as I live. It was truly horrific, and I think the temperature of my blood dropped a few degrees.

It's a fantastic play though - one which everyone should go and see - even if it does scare you out of your wits!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself, I knew you would. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say two words - rocking chair. Spooky wasn't it!

GlassCurls said...

Ooh yes - i'm getting shivers just being reminded of it!

offmytrolley said...

I read the book some time ago and it scared me witless too. We have just booked our tickets to see the stage play in Nottingham on 1st November and I can't wait!

GlassCurls said...

Good job you're not seeing it on halloween - that would be entirely too freaky! Hope you enjoy it.